Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Outfit: Put A Blazer On It

Katie of Style On Target was so right about needing one thing to make an outfit look professional: a blazer! Anytime I want to make an outfit more office-appropriate, I throw a blazer on top. For summer, a bright-colored blazer makes a professional outfit fun and less stuffy, so I wear this one all the time. 

So my 9-year-old sister had a spa party with her friends since she's moving schools, and I was the manicurist. I painted their accent nail with either a cupcake or a watermelon, then my step-mom painted their toes, and finally my dad put oatmeal and cucumbers on their face, and a warm towel over them like they were actually at a spa. It was adorable. At the end of the party, I decided to also do my own nails with little watermelons for summer. 

Note to Self: Iron my skirt!
Blazer: Uniqlo | Top: Walmart | Skirt: Forever 21 (old) {similar}
Wedges: Kohls | Lipstick: Nyx lipstick in Tea Rose

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

27 comments:

  1. I would very much like to have a spa party! Because that just sounds awesome :) And I'm (trying to) sing(ing) your post title to the tune of Beyonce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blazers really work wonders! Love the different shades of pink/magenta!
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful look! I really love ur skirt and blazer ^^

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how bright this outfit is! I think everyone should have at least one blazer in their wardrobe. They can make anything look more professional. I like wearing mine with band shirts. ;) That spa party sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, how cute that your whole family helped your sister out! I would have loved to have had that when I was little, your sister is very lucky! I agree with you about a blazer making an outfit look more professional, and I love the one you have on --- it's such a pretty color. Also, very cute nails!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family is so adorable to have done all that at yiur syaters spa party..
    About the blazer, that us what I use to make any outfit professional too
    U look great in the semi formal outfit and cute watermelon on nail :)
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blazer looks WAY comfortable. I need more like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true about the blazers! This one girl at work aways wears a blazer with her jeans and she looks professional, even when she's dressed casual.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're completely right about blazers - I actually have one that I keep in my office, just in case any clients happen to arrive unexpectedly and I'm not dressed up to standard! I love this pink one on you, the colour is so fun. And what a sweet idea for a birthday party, your sister and her friends must have had so much fun - I love that your whole family took part to make the day special!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love blazers! They are my go-to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute outfit sara! keep ion touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look adorable, I love blazers! ;)

    God bless,

    XO, Claire

    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love blazers too! Last summer I used to toss them on over all my outfits, even if I was wearing shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Cee! I don't have a desk that's just mine, but it's a great idea to keep an extra blazer at the office!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's pretty much what I wear on casual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I wish I'd had a party like that when I was little too! It was even fun for me and I'm not 10! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a weakness for blazers too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, that's so funny! I didn't even realize that it sounds like the song! I want a spa party too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover